Teach your Boston Terrier to “play dead.”
This trick is fun to have your dog perform when you have guests over. It always gets a laugh!
5 Steps to Teach “Play Dead”
1. Tell your dog to lay down.
2. As you roll her over to her side say “play dead” or “take a nap.”
3. Don’t give her a treat right away. Encourage her to stay on her side or back for a couple seconds.
4. Then say something like “Ok!” or “Wake Up!”
5. When your dog stands up, give her the reward.
Very Important: Do not give your dog the treat while she is laying down. Give her the treat once she has completed the trick!
Also note, your dog isn’t going to be a genius at this right away. It will take a few days or maybe even weeks of practice. Also remember, do not train in long sessions. Your pup will lose her focus after about 5-10 minutes.
A little each day goes a long, long way!
Boston Terrier Learning Play Dead!
Any tips of your own for teaching a Boston Terrier to play dead? I’d love to hear them!
Questions? Go ahead, leave a comment below.