Wondering how to teach your Boston Terrier to dance? It’s a great exercise for your dog and it’ll be sure to get some laughs from your guests. It’s really not a hard trick for your dog to learn either. Here are some dancing lessons that are nice and easy to follow!
Lucy and I’s first song together was T.I.’s Whatever You Like, but feel free to find a song that you and your Boston terrier both enjoy!
7 Steps to Successful Doggy Dancing
- Take your Boston into a room with little distractions. Make sure it’s quiet and people won’t be walking through the room.
- Get plenty of bite sized treats. Try to choose smaller treats, so your dog doesn’t get overfed when he/she’s learning to dance.
- Pick a tune, and turn it up! Find a fun up-beat song that will get your dog excited!
- Start dancing! If your Boston terrier doesn’t join in immediately, entice her to move around by using a treat.
- Your Boston terrier should start swaying, jumping, standing, singing …whatever it is she likes doing!
- At the end of the song, reward your dog with the treat!
- Repeat, repeat, repeat!
Dancing with your Boston terrier is not only an excellent exercise and bonding experience, it’s all great fun! I love seeing Boston terrier’s in action, so if you have a fun video to share, I would love to see it. Either post a link to the video in the comments area, or email me the video file and I will upload it to the ‘Videos‘ section of the site.
Also, if you have a special song with your dog, share it with everyone! Let us all know what gets your Boston grooving!
Cute video of Boston terrier dancing the Itchiback Dance 😉
If you have any videos or comments to share, I’d love to hear them!