Have you been trying to train your Boston Terrier to sit? I know it can be a challenge. So I’ve put together a list of some steps you can take to expedite the training!
To teach your Boston Terrier to sit, just follow these simple steps.
1. Stand in front of your dog.
2. Dangle a treat in front of her, but just out of her reach.
3. Move the treat over your boston’s head and toward her tail.
4. Say your dog’s name, and give the command “Sit.”
5. Keep the treat at nose level. If the treat is held too high, the dog will jump.
6. Say the word “good” at the exact second the dog sits.
7. Praise abundantly and give your pet a treat for any movement that resembles the sit position.
8. Don’t let your pet get up from the sit position until you say something like “release” or “free.”
9. Repeat for 5 minutes.
Spending too much time on one exercise is not a good idea, so be sure that you make this part of your daily routine. But don’t over do it! Your pet will lose focus!