1. Be especially patient with humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog cuddles.
2. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.
3. Tolerate being decorated. The humans love the way you look in your fake antlers. Remember, to smile for the picture!
4. Don’t pee on the Christmas tree.
5. Don’t drink the Christmas tree’s water!
6. Don’t rip open the packages, even if they smell good!
7. Be nice to strangers that come over for parties. To be clear this means: don’t eat off the buffet table, beg for goodies subtly, don’t drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.
8. A big man with a white beard and a loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. Don’t bite him!