If you’re interested in making a homemade dog bed for your dog, you’re in the right place. I will walk you through the process step-by-step until your project is complete! Please let me know if you get stuck along the way and I will be happy to try and talk you through it!
What You Need:
Washable, fun fabric
Measuring tape (or ruler)
Needle and thread (or sewing machine)
What To Do:
Get ready! Turn on some fun music and grab a drink, this may take a while. But believe me, you’ll have fun making a homemade dog bed, and it’s definitely worth the effort when you see how much your dog loves it!
- First off, measure your dog, lengthways. Use the same measurement for the length and width of the fabric, and be sure to add a few inches. Allowing a little extra space will ensure your dog will be comfortable on his soon to be bed.
- Cut the fabric according the measurements you took in the step above, and make sure to cut the same amount of material length and width wise.
- Prepare the stuffing/batting. Cut it the same way you cut the fabric in the step above, but take off 2 inches on all sides.
- Cover the stuffing with your fabric. Make sure your fabric is face down if your fabric isn’t the same on both sides. If it does have the same pattern on both sides you don’t need to worry about this.
- Pin the sides of the fabric together, placing pins along the edges where you will sew your seam.
- Do this on 3 sides of the bed. Then turn the fabric inside out, so you have smooth corners.
- Start stuffing the fabric into the dog bed! Fold in the last seam and put your last pin in place.
- Sew up all your seams and take out the pins as you go.
- Wa-La! You have a brand new homemade doggy bed for your beloved Boston Terrier.
If you have a request for another type of fun project to do at home with your pet, please leave a comment below!